What You're Missing on Your Playlist!

If you’re in the loop of only listening to radio music or the top 50 hits on Spotify or Apple Music you’re definitely missing out. Some of my favorite, and in my opinion, some of the best artists I’ve listened to vocally and lyrically are those who are not super well known. That being said here are two in-depth descriptions of artists in my opinion that you should definitely check out are super talented, as well as a shortlist of recommended songs from some of my other favorite small artists. Spencer Sutherland Spencer is one of the most down-to-earth, talented people I’ve ever seen live. He grew up in Columbus and played local bars until he made it onto the UK X-Factor in 2017. Spencer didn’t make it until the end, but he recently just got signed to LA-based record label, BMG records. His songwriting abilities and voice are truly unique and are a combination I haven’t been able to find anywhere else. Spencer’s songs are very personal, but still extremely relatable. Spencer’s stage presence is truly like no other, he is high energy and knows how to keep the crowd going. He is truly a humble and funny guy, and never takes anything for granted, I’m lucky to call him a friend and to have had the opportunity to see him more times than I can count. Songs to check out: NONE of This Has Been About You Freaking Out Tell Me


Lennon Stella Lennon Stella is one of my all-time favorite female artists. Her voice is truly so beautiful and her lyrics are nothing less of perfect and full of meaning. Lennon starred on the TV show Nashville from 2012 to 2018 with her younger sister Maisy Stella. In late 2018, she released her debut EP with five original songs, and has since released two original singles. I had the opportunity to meet her and see her perform an acoustic set and open for 5SOS at the U.S. Bank Arena about a month ago and she certainly did not disappoint. Lennon has pure talent and I would definitely recommend checking her out! Songs to Check Out: Like Everybody Else Fortress Bad


Ruel: Dazed & Confused Painkiller Not Thinkin’ Bout You



Charlotte Lawrence: Why Do You Love Me Navy Blue Everybody Loves You

Alec Bailey: Roseanne Lemonade Flowerbomb


I hope this gives you some new music to check out and add to your playlists! Let me know if you check out any of my suggestions in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty on a Budget

Podcast Interview With Josh Martinez!

The Riding Out East, Then West, Then East Again Tour