Beauty on a Budget

I personally love makeup, the artistry of it, and just how much fun it can be. Whenever I am stressed or bored I will just do a makeup look for fun, and sometimes they turn out so well. Makeup for me is super relaxing, and I absolutely love doing it, but it can be expensive. 

I learned how to do makeup from practice and of course from the beauty gurus on YouTube. Although YouTube can be a great place to learn techniques and get great new ideas, the products used are often extremely expensive and are not practical for the everyday college student to get. I am going to list some great, widely used drugstore makeup products below that may help you out if you are also interested in makeup but have no idea what to get and can not afford the high-end brands.

  1. The first product that I currently swear by is the Maybelline Superstay foundation. I have relatively dry skin, so it is hard for me to find a good foundation that doesn't make my face look or feel super cakey. I don't typically wear foundation every day, so I use this on a night out, a concert, or anytime I would like a more full coverage look. This foundation lasts all day, and the best part is, it retails between $8-$12! 
  2. The next product I absolutely love is the L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara. Almost everyone I know uses this mascara, it is absolutely incredible. It is great for volumizing your lashes as well as lengthening them. This one is known to be a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara which retails for $21. Thankfully this L'Oreal is just as incredible and retails for around $9! 
  3. The last product I am going to recommend is definitely not as cheap as the others, but I am recommending it for good reason, and that's the James Charles x Morphe palette. I can not stress enough that it is hands down one of the best palettes ever made. There is every color you could basically ever need, and they are super pigmented which means they will last you for a very long time. A lot of the eyeshadows can also be used for other things. I use one shade as a bronzer, one as a highlight, one to do my eyebrows, and there's even one that can be used for blush. This product is definitely very hyped up, but it is definitely worth it! This palette retails for $40.
Image result for maybelline superstayImage result for l'oreal lash paradiseImage result for james charles x morphe

I hope this helps if any of you are stuck on how to find good, quality makeup for cheap. Almost every product I use is from the drugstore and it all works just as well as the high-end makeup!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast Interview With Josh Martinez!

The Riding Out East, Then West, Then East Again Tour