More Concerts!

This last week I went to two different concerts in Detroit! On Thursday, April 11th, I went to see Why Don't We at the Fox Theater for their "8 Letters" tour! This is the third time I've met, and seen these guys live. They are super talented and some of the most genuine artists out there. We were able to hang out with them and just talk for a while before their meet and greet which was a lot of fun.

Their show went really well and the venue was insane, it was definitely one of the most beautiful theaters I have ever seen. This is the biggest tour they have done this far in terms of venue size, each show averages about 6,000 people, and almost every show is sold out. This is a huge upgrade when last year they were playing shows for around 500 people. They played all of their new music but threw in some old ones as well. 

They had a huge screen behind them as they sang that they had some incredible graphics on, they added a lot more choreography this tour as well. Although the moves were simple, there was a lot more going on on the stage than the last few times I have seen them. Overall, it was a great show, and it was very well done.




Next, on Saturday, April 13th, we went back up to Detroit to see the Driver Era. If you don't know who the Driver Era is it's Ross Lynch from Disney Channel from a while back, and his siblings in a band. They moved away from the Disney Channel pop, and have more of a rock sound with pop influences. 

This was the first time I have seen them, I wanted to see them like 5 or 6 years ago when they went by a different name and were still on Disney but I never had the chance. We got to the venue around 1:30pm even though check-in wasn't until 5:30 because we wanted to secure our spot on the barricade. Being barricade for general admission shows is always super important to me because then you don't have to worry about people pushing and trying to move you from your spot.


Once it hit 5:30 we went inside and got to meet Ross and his brother Rocky, they were super sweet and it was cool to get to talk to them for a little bit. Then the show started at 8:00, and the Driver Era came on around nine. They put on a great show, they sang their four released songs, a lot of unreleased music, and then they threw in some old songs as well. It was a super cool experience and I would love to see them again soon!

Below is a kind of messy vlog of the last two show, but it's a vlog nonetheless!






Comments

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time at your concerts! They sound like a lot of fun! I'm going to try and go to one at some point, but I'm not so into music that I feel the need to go out and see them that much. I think that the experience itself would be fun though, especially if I went with friends. Keep us updated on your concert visits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty on a Budget

Podcast Interview With Josh Martinez!

The Riding Out East, Then West, Then East Again Tour