Why Concerts?


One of my favorite activities to do is go to concerts. I have been to over 30 in my life so far, and it will be up to 40+ by the end of this year. I enjoy going to concerts because I have loved music and everything it has had to offer ever since I can remember. Being able to see, connect, and sometimes meet your favorite artist is such a great feeling. Going to shows I have also made a lot of friends, who I may not have met otherwise. These people have basically become my family. I have never met anyone like them that share my love of music and the process behind promoting and the making of music as well.

No matter what genre of music you like, there is at least one concert every summer that someone can find to go to. In the midwest it can be easier and more popular to go to more shows because there are a lot of cities in different states that artists go to, so even if they don’t come to your state you can find another city close by to travel to.

I love going to concerts because as I said before, it’s a place to be with my friends, and I love seeing my favorite artists succeed and perform live. There is no other feeling like the one of watching an artist you have either grown up with or known since the beginning sell out a show or become extremely popular. Concerts have an energy that you can feel nowhere else, it’s so positive, and everyone is there, for one thing, making everyone in the room have at least one thing in common. For a lot of people, including me, it can be a safe place. I am the happiest when I am at shows, nothing makes me as genuinely happy as being in the crowd, singing and dancing along to my favorite artists.

Concerts are great opportunities for the artist to connect with their fans and see the faces that support them instead of just numbers on a screen. I have had the amazing opportunity to meet and get to know quite a few artists and all of them have told me that touring is the best part of their job. If you go to the right concerts, the atmosphere is just always so crazy and no matter if you know half the crowd at a show or no one, you all feel connected in some way. This is just one way that people can connect, meet, and be truly themselves without the judgment of others.



Comments

  1. Wow! Over 40 concerts? That's crazy! I've never been to a concert before. I get a little uneasy in crowds and heavy traffic makes me nervous. Plus, I never think the artists sound as good in person. However, I can see now that it's more about the atmosphere than anything. That's so cool that you and your friends head out to concerts like that. I hope you have fun at your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I really want to go to a concert! It sounds like you have a lot of fun at concerts, I am glad you get to do something that you love doing so many times! I have never been to one either although I have certainly looked online for different artists I like and where they are playing. I too would worry about the traffic and crowds but I feel like it would be a worthwhile experience in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty on a Budget

Podcast Interview With Josh Martinez!

The Riding Out East, Then West, Then East Again Tour