Celebrating My Little Sister's 6th Birthday

Today, March 31, is my youngest sister, Cadence's sixth birthday. First thing this morning she ran into my room and just sat beside me in my bed waiting for me to tell her happy birthday. When I finally woke up enough to realize what was going on, I told her happy birthday and gave her a hug. That's when she looked at me and said, "Well, I'm kinda sad because I don't even look like a six-year-old, I still just look five," and then she rolled her eyes and walked out of my room.


She had asked my family the day before if we would decorate the house for her birthday for her after she went to bed so that she would wake up and it be like a birthday wonderland. This is something I started doing for my siblings a few years ago because I thought it made the day that much more special. There were streamers everywhere, lining her door, the stairs, there were signs that said "Happy Birthday Cadence" everywhere, happy birthday banners, balloons, the table was decorated, and party hats were set out. She was so excited.

For her birthday festivities, we went to Scene 75 which is basically like a Chuck E. Cheese times a thousand. There are tons of arcade games, bouncy houses, mini golf, bowling, bumper cars, and a lot more. We played there for a few hours then went home, she opened gifts, and then we went to dinner. After dinner, we came back and she got to have her birthday cake.


It's so crazy to think that she is already six. I was almost 14 when she was born so I truly have watched her grow and have been there for all of her milestones which is crazy. She is the smartest little girl I know, she would rather read and code robots than play with Barbies or dolls. She is also one of the funniest kids I know, she is constantly telling jokes and making sassy comments that are hilarious. She's good at everything she does as well. She is a cheerleader, soccer player, dancer, and knows how to sing pretty well. She constantly is belting out the chorus to "Breathin'" by Ariana Grande. 

She has so much personality, I can't wait to see her continue to grow and see what all she accomplishes in her life because I know she'll be super successful.



Comments

  1. Your little sister is so adorable! I'm so glad you got to celebrate with her for her birthday! You're such a good big sister! We don't have anyone in our family who is young and cute anymore. We're just a bunch of boring adults and teenagers now. I hope she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and your post made me smile! Happy belated birthday Cadence, from the sound of it she had a fantastic birthday. That is so nice of you to want to make her feel special and make her day. I am sure she and your other younger siblings look up to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty on a Budget

Podcast Interview With Josh Martinez!

The Riding Out East, Then West, Then East Again Tour