Best Practices for Social Media Writing

In chapter seven of Social Media for Strategic Communication, it talks about the best practices for social media writing and tools you can use to improve your writing. Spelling and grammar are both extremely important when it comes to social media. If you have too many spelling mistakes or grammar errors it will make you seem less credible, and your reader is less likely to finish reading your post if there are a lot of mistakes.

One way to make your writing better is to use tools that are provided for you online. Here is a list the book gave:

    Image result for grammarly
  • Grammarly
  • Hemingway App
  • Slick Write
  • Trello
  • Hashtagify.me
  • Ulysses
  • Wordy
When I saw this list, I was surprised at how many options there are for bettering your writing. I personally love Grammarly. I have been using Grammarly since I was a freshman in high school when I was introduced to it by my humanities teacher. Every paper I write I put through this service. It helps to catch simple grammar errors, spelling mistakes, plagiarism, and checks sentence structure.

I also use Grammarly whenever I am on my laptop because I added the Grammarly extension to my Chrome browser. This allows the system to check your work on whatever you may be writing on. My extension works on all Google services such as Docs, Blogger, Gmail, etc. This comes in handy because, with it, I don't have to take the extra step to copy and paste my paper into a separate website, it does all of the work for me just in whatever tab I may have open.

I highly recommend using this app if you easily miss grammar mistakes or have spelling errors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty on a Budget

Podcast Interview With Josh Martinez!

The Riding Out East, Then West, Then East Again Tour