Shows, on Shows, on Shows!

Concerts and shows are my favorite thing to be a part of and experience. In the last month, I had the privilege of seeing Cody Ko and Noel Miller, 4th Ave, and Spencer Sutherland. Traveling and going to shows are great experiences and I loved every moment. I will tell you a little about each show, and what they were like.


The first show was on January 29 when we saw Cody Ko and Noel Miller. Cody and Noel are youtube comedians, and started on Vine. The entire tour was sold out, and our show in Columbus was crazy enough to sell out twice. A month or two before the show they had to upgrade to a bigger venue, which also ended up selling out, due to the first smaller show selling out in just five minutes. The show was at the Columbus Athenaeum, in Columbus. The show was very funny and they interacted with the crowd a lot which always makes for an interesting show. They told stories, did a live segment of "That's Cringe" which is a popular series on their channels, and at the end, they did a Q&A with the audience. They always meet people outside by their tour bus after their shows, but unfortunately, the night of our show was during the polar vortex and due to the weather we weren't able to get pictures. Overall, the show was great and I would definitely see them again, I definitely recommend checking them out!

The next show I went to this year was 4th Ave on February 2. 4th Ave is a boyband, that has 4 guys, and were the runner-ups on the ABC show "Boyband." This was the second time we've seen and met them. They had two openers Aja9 and Rayla, both girls were extremely talented and very sweet. 4th Ave's performance was good, they sang every song from their EP, two singles, and each individual guy performed a solo song. They brought me up on stage during their serenade segment of the show so it was just me and them on the stage and it was beyond awkward. I barely knew the words to the song they were singing because I do not listen to their music often. I hate being center of attention in that way so it was a little scary, but it was definitely a cool experience. In all, the show went well and the guys did a great job, and I'm sure I'll see them again in the future.

The last show I went to that I have been looking forward to the most, and was the most fun for me personally was Spencer Sutherland's show. It was on February 15, at Madison Live! in Cincinnati. It was only his second sold-out headlining show ever, and he absolutely killed it. I have known Spencer for the last year and have seen him perform six times. He is frequently the opener for many Ohio shows because he is from Columbus. Spencer was just signed to BMG music company in October and announced his first headline tour in December. He did four shows, one in Minneapolis, Chicago, Cincinnati, and New York. Spencer sang his released singles, unreleased songs, and did a few covers, the crowd was one of the loudest I had ever experienced. There were two openers, Meggie York and The Social, both were great and my friends and I had a great time. Spencer's voice is so unique and he is insanely talented, his first EP comes out March 15th, and he has a lot of shows being announced in the next month, so I am excited to see him again.

I partially vlogged all three shows, the video is below!








Comments

  1. That's a lot of shows in a short time! I'm glad you had fun with your friends, sounds like some fun memories were made. That's a cool idea to vlog your experience at these shows because it's an exciting topic to give viewers an inside-scoop of. I haven't heard of the groups you went to see, but sometimes that unknown or hasn't-hit-it-big-yet vibe makes listening to artists and watching them perform even more special!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty on a Budget

Podcast Interview With Josh Martinez!

The Riding Out East, Then West, Then East Again Tour